Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Watch this item!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Sounder's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2006
    Posts
    83
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Don't tempt me....... I'm about 250 miles away. Not that I would ever bid on them.......right..........but, what do you think would be a reasonable price, given the condition?

    The ad says they are 14 yr old and that they've been with the family since day one. I did not realize that Altec was still making them 14 yr ago. Are they correct?

    Now, I must pray to be delivered from temptation.

    John

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Watch this item!


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    If they are "G" they are older. Prolly built around 79.

    OTOH they could have sat somewhere for 15 years before being sold...

    Reasonably just the drivers are worth 1200-1400.

    Personally I wouldn't add more than a couple hundred for boxes. I'm not expecting everyone to agree with that. My value I would want to get them no more than 1400, but if I had just hit the lottery would go more. But I think 1400-1600 is fair to buyer and seller.

    About a year ago was an identical set in Cincinnati for $700 with one cone torn. I cried myself to sleep, but at least it was in the house.

  3. #3
    Hostboard Member Fran604g's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 13th, 2006
    Posts
    77
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    604-8G's in 620 cabs...no affiliation,etc...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Altec-Lansing-vi...QQcmdZViewItem

    <font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ September 07, 2008 12:40 PM: Message edited by: Fran604g ]</font>

  4. #4
    Hostboard Member Fran604g's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 13th, 2006
    Posts
    77
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    forums
    $851.02...someone got a **** of a deal!

    I hope one of the folks that know what they are got them...

    Complete model 17's are awful rare.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    dang even with shipping that was a great deal....

    That is a lot cheaper than that one guy that was than the guy from Ak , with a lot of other Altec stuff trying to hock on all the audio forums....


    Starting to unload a bunch of my stuff to fund my future purchase of some GPA 604's,

    Anyone heard of any news on the new version fomr GPA yet??


    -chris

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.